What Is Black Mold?
Mold can be a concerning issue, but it's essential to separate facts from sensationalism. While Stachybotrys chartarum, known as black mold, produces allergens and irritants, many molds can have similar effects. Any mold should be treated with caution—avoid contact and disturbed areas.
For mold-related guidance, consult our Mold Damage Tips. Identifying black mold isn't vital; contact SERVPRO of Issaquah East & North Bend if you suspect mold problems, regardless of type or color.
Mold can grow within 48 hours of water intrusion, with mold spores present indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores can enter your home through various means. Thriving in moisture, they form colonies that may produce allergens and irritants. Addressing the water source is crucial before remediation to prevent mold recurrence.
Musty odors often indicate mold presence, guiding you to potential problem areas. Even higher indoor humidity levels support mold growth, so maintain humidity below 45%.
SERVPRO of Issaquah East & North Bend is a locally owned company and part of a national network with Disaster Recovery Teams for large-scale disasters. We proudly serve Issaquah, North Bend, Fall City, Mirrormont, Preston, and Snoqualmie communities.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Issaquah East & North Bend immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (425) 313-3100
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Issaquah East & North Bend is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- North Bend
- Fall City